ST. JOHN CHURCH

20 E. South St., West Alexandria, OH 45381

937.839.4218

© Copyright

Sunday Mornings:

9am Sunday School

10am Worship Gathering

11am Fellowship Hour

  • facebook-square

Our History

The history of St. John Church began in 1803, the German Reformed Synod then sponsored the meetings. The Church was reorganized in 1816. In 1817, a "United Church" was dedicated serving both Lutheran and Reformed congregations. Our congregation joined the Ohio Synod of the Reformed Church in 1843. The Church remained with the Reformed denomination until 1943 when it merged with the Evangelical Church and became known as First Evangelical and Reformed Church. In 1957 this denomination merged with the Congregational Christian Churches to form the United Church of Christ (UCC).  In 1969 the name was changed from First Church to St. John United Church of Christ. In 2002 the church body voted to affiliate themselves with the conservative branch of the UCC, the Biblical Witness Fellowship.  At this time the church also dropped "United Church of Christ" from it's name and became simply, St. John Church.  In 2010 the Biblical Witness Fellowship became defunct.  Today St. John Church continues to have loose ties with the United Church of Christ, but operates primarily as an independent congregation.       

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now
Serving